roast vegetable pasties
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1½ tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1½ cups (180g) grated aged cheddar
- 5 sheets store-bought shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the carrot, parsnip and sweet potato on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15–17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a bowl with the onion relish, peas, rosemary and cheddar. Cut 10 x 14cm rounds from the pastry. Place ¼ cup of the mixture in the centre of each round and brush the edges with egg. Fold the pastry over and pinch to seal. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and brush with egg. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Makes 10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.