rustic summer crumb pasta
- 200g spaghetti
- 100g sourdough or crusty bread
- 8 sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- 1 small buffalo mozzarella, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- extra olive oil and finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the bread, tomato, garlic, salt, pepper and oil in the bowl of a food processor and process in short bursts until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the crumb mixture and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Toss the crumbs and basil with the pasta.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with the mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.