brown rice salad
- 3 cups cooked brown rice+
- 2 zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced with a julienne peeler
- ⅓ cup (45g) toasted halved natural almonds
- ⅓ cup (55g) currants
- 60g baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
goat’s cheese dressing
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- ½ cup (140g) thick plain yoghurt
- sumac, for sprinkling
- Place the rice, zucchini, almonds, currants, rocket, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Mix together the lemon and honey, pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- To make the goat’s cheese dressing, place the goat’s cheese and yoghurt in a food processor and process until smooth. Divide the salad between serving plates with a large spoonful of the dressing and sprinkle with sumac to serve. Serves 4
+ 1 cup (200g) uncooked rice yields 3 cups cooked rice.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.