coconut-poached chicken salad
- 1½ cups (375ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 thai lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 green papaya (850g), peeled, seeded and shredded
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
chilli lime dressing
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the coconut milk, lime juice, lime leaves and salt in a large non-stick frying pan over very low heat and stir to combine. Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and refrigerate in the poaching liquid until chilled.
- While the chicken is cooling, make the chilli lime dressing. Place the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilli and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine and allow the sugar to dissolve. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken, reserving the poaching liquid. Place the papaya and coriander on a serving plate and top with the chicken. Drizzle with the reserved coconut poaching liquid and serve with the dressing and lime wedges. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.