red quinoa, kale and
- 150g kale, trimmed
- 2½ cups cooked red quinoa
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 500g haloumi, thinly sliced
- olive oil, for brushing
smoky lemon dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the kale into large pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry on absorbent paper. Toss the kale with the quinoa and parsley.
- To make the smoky lemon dressing, combine the lemon juice, paprika and oil. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Brush the haloumi with a little oil and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Divide the salad between serving plates and top with the haloumi to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.