salmon skewers with crab and chilli lime butter
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g cooked picked crab meat+
- sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 long green chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 8 x 120g salmon fillets, skin on
- baby (micro) herbs (optional) and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Place the butter, crab, salt, pepper, tomato paste, chilli, lime rind and juice and kaffir lime leaves in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Thread the salmon onto skewers and rub with half the butter mixture. Cook the skewers for 2–3 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking, brushing with the remaining butter while the salmon is cooking. Top with the micro herbs and serve with the lime wedges. Serves 4.
+ You can buy cooked picked crab meat from your fishmonger.
There are no comments for this entry yet.