cheese and spinach gozleme
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) lukewarm water
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (90g) grated provolone cheese
- ½ cup (65g) grated haloumi
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 800g silverbeet, stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- lemon wedges and natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- Place the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the yeast mixture and mix to form a dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 3–4 minutes or until smooth. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl and cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 15–20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Place the cheeses, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 25cm x 35cm rectangle.
- Divide the cheese mixture and silverbeet on one side of each rectangle, leaving a 2cm border. Fold to enclose and fold the border to seal.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with pepper, lemon and yoghurt. Serves 4.
+ If you don’t have time to make the dough, you can use any flatbread you like – we like to use store-bought roti.
There are no comments for this entry yet.