shaved fennel and herb salad
- 3 medium fennel, trimmed, fronds reserved
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups red vein sorrel leaves
- Using a large sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice the fennel and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and honey in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chives, parsley, tarragon and mint and whisk to combine. Pour over the fennel and gently toss. Place in a large serving bowl and top with the sorrel and reserved fennel fronds to serve. Serves 6–8
There are no comments for this entry yet.