spiced carrot soup
with harissa nuts
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- ¼ cup (40g) pine nuts
- ¼ cup (20g) flaked almonds
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the carrot and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and half of the harissa, bring to the boil and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until carrot is softened. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- While the soup is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the pine nuts and almond and cook, stirring constantly, for 1–2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir through the remaining harissa and remove from the heat. Divide the soup between bowls, top with the yoghurt, extra oil, harissa nuts and mint to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.