spiced texan beef brisket sliders
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 1kg piece beef brisket+, trimmed and cut into 2 pieces
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (80g) chipotle chillies in adobo sauce++
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- halved white bread rolls, shredded cabbage, coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil a large ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper and cook for 6–8 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes or until soft. Add the beef, chipotle chillies and adobo sauce, sugar, vinegar and stock, bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Place in the oven and cook for 2 hours. Remove the lid and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and beef is tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Shred the beef, return to the pan and mix to combine. Divide the beef between rolls, top with cabbage and coriander, and serve with lime. Serves 4–6.
+ Beef brisket is available from your butcher.
++ Chipotle chillies in abobo sauce are available from selected delicatessens or online Mexican suppliers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.