sticky chilli chicken
- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 300g snake or green beans, finely sliced
- steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander (cilantro) leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the chilli, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, vinegar and sugar in a deep frying pan over high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced and thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, add the beans and continue to cook for a further 3–4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and beans with steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander leaves and lime wedges. Serves 2
We absolutely love this recipe. It tastes like it is straight out of a restaurant. Very clean flavours and a lovely balance of sweet and salty. Even my fussy son requests this meal!