tomato, eggplant and sausage pasta
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 eggplant (aubergine), chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g pork and fennel sausages, casings removed, torn
- 2 tablespoons vincotto
- 2 x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 300g fresh pappardelle+
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated ricotta salata or parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add the eggplant, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the vincotto and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes or until slightly reduced. While the eggplant mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, add to the eggplant mixture and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with the ricotta salata (or parmesan) and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
+We used fresh pasta varieties, which are available from selected supermarkets, specialty grocers and delicatessens.
There are no comments for this entry yet.