with pedro ximénez
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg fresh chorizo (approximately 10 sausages)
- 10 eschalots (French shallots), peeled and halved
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 1 cup (250ml) Pedro Ximénez sherry+
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and place in a large roasting tray.
- Add the eschalot, garlic, rosemary and oregano to the frying pan and cook for 3–4 minutes or until caramelised. Add the sherry, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until reduced slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to the roasting tray, add the tomatoes and place in the oven to cook for 30–35 minutes or until the chorizo is dark and caramelised. Serves 4–6
+ Pedro Ximénez is an intensely sweet, dark sherry from liquor stores.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.