pork loin with stilton
and port and honey glaze
- 1kg pork loin rack
- 12 sprigs oregano
- 2 large sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled and quartered
- 150g stilton, thickly sliced
port and honey glaze
- 1 cup (250ml) port
- ¼ cup (60ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°). Score the skin of the pork at 1cm intervals using a sharp knife. Rub the skin with salt and place in a baking dish on top of the oregano. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F). Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- While the pork is roasting, make the port and honey glaze. Place the port, stock and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to simmer for 12–15 minutes or until glaze is reduced and syrupy.
- To serve, slice the pork and place on serving plates with the sweet potato. Top the pork with the stilton and spoon over the port and honey glaze. Serves 4
I made this last night & it turned out perfectly! It was so simple to make & was fancy restaurant quality. The whole family loved it. I’ll definitely be making this again. Thanks Donna