tandoori lamb cutlets
with pea, orange and lemon mint salad
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought tandoori curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 12 tomahawk lamb cutlets+
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, mango chutney and pappadums, to serve
pea, orange and lemon balm salad
- 3 cups (420g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 eschalot (French shallot), finely chopped
- 1 cup micro (baby) lemon balm leaves or mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the tandoori paste, lemon juice and ginger in a small bowl and mix to combine. Rub the lamb cutlets with the marinade and set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Arrange the cutlets on a lightly greased wire rack set over an oven tray. Roast for 40 minutes or until lightly charred.
- While the lamb is roasting, make the salad. Place the peas, orange, eschalot, lemon balm, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Serve the lamb with the salad, yoghurt, chutney and pappadums. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4–6.
+ Ask your butcher for tomahawk cutlets or chops. A little more meat and fat are left on the bones for extra flavour.
There are no comments for this entry yet.