with honey and almond pastry
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
almond and honey pastries
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 15g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey, extra
- 25g butter, extra
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat and stir until dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 4 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool completely. Stir through the milk and lemon juice and churn in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions or until firm. Freeze until required.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF). Combine almond meal, honey and butter in a bowl. Combine extra honey and butter in a bowl. Brush 1 sheet of filo with honey mixture and cut into 6 pieces. Place 1 teaspoonful of the almond mixture along the short side of each pastry piece and roll up to enclose. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and brush with the honey mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool. Serve with the sorbet. Serves 6
There are no comments for this entry yet.