miso and orange-glazed salmon
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200g salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 x bulbs baby fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- black sesame seeds and lime wedges, to serve
miso and orange glaze
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- To make the miso and orange glaze, place the miso, maple syrup and orange juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the salmon, skin-side up, for 3–4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until golden and just pink in the centre. Spoon the glaze over the salmon, turn to coat and remove from the heat.
- Place the remaining oil, fennel, mint, orange juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide between plates with the salmon, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4.
Tip: Find miso paste in the international aisle of the supermarket or at Asian grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.