mixed mushroom baked risotto
- 10g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g field mushrooms, sliced
- 100g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 ½ cup arborio (or risotto) rice
- 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 40g unsalted butter
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter, oil, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Place the rice, stock and mushroom mixture in a 22 x 30cm (8½ x 12 in) 10-cup (80 fl oz) capacity baking dish and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until most of the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Add the parmesan, butter, salt and pepper and stir until the butter is melted. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.