mushroom pasta with haloumi and walnuts
- 400g spaghetti
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 250g haloumi, chopped
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 300g field mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g sour cream
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup (80ml) of the cooking liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi and walnuts and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil, the garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the cream and reserved liquid and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Top with the haloumi, walnuts and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.