- 4 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 100g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- Place the onion and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook for 8 minutes or until softened. Add the mustard seeds, sugar and vinegar and cook for 20 minutes or until the onion is caramelised.
- Spoon into sterilised jars or clean containers and store in the refrigerator. Serve with pork, ham or turkey. Makes 3 cups
There are no comments for this entry yet.