oat and coconut chocolate
- ½ cup (45g/1½ oz) rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g/1½ oz) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (185g/6½ oz) almond butter
- ¼ cup (30g/1 oz) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (75g/2¾ oz) coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate ganache filling
- 100g (3½ oz) dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (60g/2 oz) almond butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Combine oats, coconut, almond butter, almond meal, coconut sugar, maple and vanilla in a bowl and mix well to combine. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls and place, about 3cm (1 inch) apart, on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on tray.
- While biscuits are cooking, make the chocolate ganache filling. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, stir through the almond butter. Chill for 10 minutes or until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
- Sandwich the cooled biscuits together with the ganache and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes 14 cookie sandwiches
Photography: Con Poulos
These are easy to make and delicious. Mixture did seen a little dry but once well rolled they are fine. The chocolate ganache is a must. Don’t leave it out! They also ticked all the boxes for assorted friends who are Vegan, GF and Dairy Free. Many thanks