beef salad with peanut satay noodles
- 650g beef eye fillet, trimmed and tied
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup (70g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 300g thin flat rice noodles, cooked
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup snow pea tendrils
- chopped peanuts, sliced red chilli and lime juice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Sprinkle the beef with pepper and rub with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an oven tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Place the coconut milk, fish sauce, peanut butter, kecap manis and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cook for 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Slice the beef and divide between bowls with the noodles, cucumber, coriander, basil, snow pea tendrils, peanut, chilli and lime juice. Serve with the peanut sauce. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.