balsamic and burnt-butter mushroom fettuccine
- ¼ cup (10g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g fresh fettuccine
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Place the porcini mushrooms, water and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook for 5–6 minutes or until foamy and nut brown. Add the sage and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the salt, pepper and remaining mushroom to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and softened. Add the porcini mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. While the mushroom mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain well. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Divide between bowls. Top with the sage and parmesan, and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.