tomato and pesto soup
with mozzarella croutons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) vincotto
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) boiling water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 slices baguette
- 8 slices mozzarella
- pesto, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden. Add the vincotto and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the water, salt and pepper and bring to just below the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until reduced slightly. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high. Place the baguette on an oven tray and top with mozzarella. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Divide soup between bowls. Top with croutons and pesto to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.