oregano lamb with olive salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 x 1.2kg boned lamb shoulder, butterflied to 3cm thick
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small flatbreads
- ½ cup (60g) pitted green (Sicilian) olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (130g) store-bought hummus
- Place the lemon, chilli, oregano and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Drizzle the lamb with 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub with the salt mixture. Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Cook the lamb for 4 minutes each side until browned. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid+ and cook for a further 4–5 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Brush the breads with ½ tablespoon of the oil and cook for 1 minute each side. Set aside.
- Place the olive, capers, parsley and remaining oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Slice the lamb and serve with the hummus, flatbreads and salsa. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.