APPLE CINNAMON YOGHURT SCROLLS
WITH MISO MAPLE GLAZE
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1½ cups (225g) wholemeal (whole-wheat) self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup (75g) raw caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (420g) plain thick yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk, for brushing
- ¼ cup (60g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 red apples, cored and chopped into 1cm pieces
miso maple glaze
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder, vanilla yoghurt and oil in a bowl and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough between two dusted sheets of baking paper to make a 20cm x 35cm rectangle.
- Flip the dough over and remove the top layer of baking paper. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and add the apples, pressing gently into the dough. From the long edge, roll the dough over tightly to enclose the filling. Cut into 8 thick slices.
- Place scrolls into a 23cm pan lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush the tops with milk and bake for 35–40 minutes or until golden.
- To make the miso maple glaze, place the miso and maple in a pan over medium heat. Simmer for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly until it starts to combine. Remove from the heat and pour the glaze through a sieve.
- Brush scrolls with glaze and serve. Serves 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.