pea, mint and ricotta falafels
- ¾ cup (100g) frozen peas, blanched
- 400g can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup (50g) self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup (65g) fresh ricotta
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and snow pea tendrils to serve
- Place the peas, beans, mint, flour, ricotta, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until just combined. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Fill a medium, deep saucepan half-full with oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 160°C on a deep-frying thermometer. Cook the falafels, in batches, for 4 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with yoghurt, snow pea tendrils, extra mint and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.