radicchio and goat’s cheese salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heads radicchio, trimmed, separated into leaves
- 200g (7 oz) log ash goat’s cheese, sliced
- ½ cup (125ml/4¼ fl oz) water
- 1 cup (250ml/8½ fl oz) apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml/2¾ fl oz) honey
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced using a mandoline
- 4 small target beetroot, scrubbed and thinly sliced using a mandoline
honey walnut clusters
- 1 cup (100g/3½ oz) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- To make the pickled beetroot, place the water, vinegar, honey, sage, salt and pepper into a glass jug and mix to combine. Place beetroot and target beetroot in separate glass bowls. Add two-thirds of the pickling liquid to the beetroot and one-third of the pickling liquid to the target beetroot. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to pickle.
- To make the honey walnut clusters, place the walnuts, honey and salt in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until golden. Spoon onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper and cool for 10 minutes before breaking into clusters.
- When ready to serve, drain both beetroot from pickling liquids, reserving ¹/³ cup (80ml/2¾ fl oz) of the liquid. Combine the reserved pickling liquid with the oil to make a dressing.
- Arrange the radicchio leaves on a serving platter. Top with pickled beetroot and goat’s cheese slices. Scatter walnut clusters over the top and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately. Serves 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.