plum and berry cobbler
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 black plums, stones removed and halved
- 125g blackberries
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- ⅓ cup (25g) flaked almonds
- icing sugar and double cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the buttermilk and half the vanilla and process until the mixture just comes together.
- Place the plum, blackberries, remaining vanilla and extra sugar in an 18cm 4-cup-capacity (1 litre) baking dish and toss to combine. Top with the cobbler mixture. Sprinkle with the almonds. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream. Serves 4.
+ Put the pie tin on a baking tray before baking to catch any drips while its cooking
There are no comments for this entry yet.