polenta and parmesan-crumbed potatoes
with rosemary salt
- 1.5kg Dutch cream (waxy) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup (85g) instant polenta
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120g) store-bought duck fat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Place the potato in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 6–8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan.
- Add the polenta, parmesan and garlic, cover with a lid and shake to coat the potato in polenta.
- While the potato is cooking, heat the duck fat in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the potato and cook, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- Place the rosemary and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the potato with the rosemary salt and serve with mayonnaise. Serves 6
Made these potatoes tonight to accompany steak, and they were beautiful. I followed the recipe almost to the letter (forgot the garlic), and simply loved them. So crispy, so flavourful - will definitely make again.