polenta-crumbed stuffed chillies
- 2 x 450g jars pickled jalapeños, drained and patted dry
- 260g havarti or firm white cheese, chopped
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- polenta, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Cut a 1cm slit in each jalapeño and gently push a piece of cheese into the cavity. Dust with flour, dip into the egg and roll in the polenta to coat. Heat 1cm of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chillies, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.Makes approximately 30.
There are no comments for this entry yet.