porcini and tarragon rigatoni
- ½ cup (20g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs tarragon
- 1½ cups (105g) sourdough breadcrumbs
- 40g unsalted butter
- 600g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 400g rigatoni
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Place the porcini mushrooms in a heatproof bowl and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for
10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Drain, reserving the mushrooms and cooking liquid.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the tarragon and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Chop the porcini mushrooms, add to the breadcrumbs and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add the mixed mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes or until golden.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the mushrooms and reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture and crispy tarragon, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.