prosciutto and caramelised peach salad
with buffalo mozzarella
- 6 x 150g yellow peaches, halved and stones removed
- 2 tablespoons vincotto+, plus extra, for drizzling
- 200g watercress sprigs
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons shredded lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 4 x 100g buffalo mozzarellas
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the cut sides of the peaches with the vincotto and grill for 1–2 minutes each side or until charred. Set aside.
- Place the watercress, basil, oil, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Divide the peaches between wooden boards or platters, top with the prosciutto, salad and mozzarella. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve drizzled with the extra vincotto and oil. Serves 12
+ Find vincotto in the vinegar section of most supermarkets or at specialty food stores and delis. You can also use balsamic glaze.
There are no comments for this entry yet.