with pickled cherries
- 2 cups (300g) frozen pitted cherries
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries, lightly crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 slices of ciabatta or baguette
- extra virgin olive oil, to brush
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Place the cherries, juniper, balsamic, brown sugar, salt and pepper into frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until cherries are soft and the liquid is syrupy, set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Brush bread slices with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred.
- To assemble, spoon the pickled cherries onto the crostini and top with prosciutto. Serves 4
+ Store the pickled cherries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for you to 3 weeks.
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir 2018 which has notes of black cherry and bramble fruit plus subtle layers of gentle spice and boysenberry making it the perfect partner for these recipes.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.