prune, coconut and cinnamon bars
- 1 cup (170g) prunes, pitted
- 8 fresh dates (120g), pitted
- ¼ cup (25g) LSA
- ¼ cup (25g) pea protein powder+
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1½ cups (115g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (150g) toasted cashews, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- Place the prunes, dates, LSA, protein powder, cinnamon, tahini and 1 cup (75g) of the coconut in a food processor and process for 2 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds and mix well to combine (the mixture will be quite firm).
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Top with the remaining coconut, pressing to secure. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars to serve. Makes 18
There are no comments for this entry yet.