pulled pork quinoa nachos
- 1kg boneless pork neck, trimmed and cut into 2 pieces
- ¼ cup (80g) chipotle chillies in adobo sauce+
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 cups (240g) store-bought quinoa chips++
- ¼ cup (50g) sliced pickled jalapeños
- sour cream, avocado and mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the pork, chillies and sauce, tomato, stock, salt and pepper in a large ovenproof heavy-based saucepan. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly and the pork is tender. Allow to cool slightly before shredding the meat with two forks.
- Divide the chips between plates and serve with the pork, jalapeños, sour cream, avocado and mint. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4.
+ Quinoa chips are available from selected supermarkets and health food stores. Substitute with regular corn chips.
++ Chipotle chillies in adobo sauce are available from select delicatessens and greengrocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.