quinoa, chicken and kale fritters
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cups (320g) cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 cups (100g) trimmed and finely shredded kale leaves
- 200g firm feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- store-bought tzatziki, to serve
- watercress or mixed salad greens, to serve
- Place the chicken, quinoa, kale, feta, eggs, lemon rind, mint and parsley in a large a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Shape ⅓-cup portions of the mixture into balls and flatten gently to make patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Divide the fritters between serving plates and serve with tzatziki and watercress. Makes 14
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.