with seared feta and lemon tahini dressing
- 4 cups (640g/1 lb 7 oz) cooked red or white quinoa
- 300g (10½ oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (36g/1¼ oz) small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (16g/½ oz) mint leaves, torn
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g (14 oz) firm feta, cut into 4 thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
lemon tahini dressing
- ½ cup (140g/5 oz) hulled tahini
- ⅔ cup (160ml/5½ fl oz) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (80ml/2¾ fl oz) water
- sea salt flakes
- Place the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint, onion, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- To make the lemon tahini dressing, place the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat oven grill (broiler) to medium-high. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Brush the feta with a little oil and place on the tray. Grill for 4–6 minutes or until golden.
- Divide the quinoa tabouli between serving plates and top with the feta. Drizzle with the lemon tahini dressing to serve. Serves 4
+ This tabouli is my favourite creation when I have leftover cooked grains in the fridge from the night before. You can really use any base you like – burghul, pearl barley, freekeh or brown rice will all work well.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.