raspberry and cream scones
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- raspberry jam and double (thick) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour and sugar in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Add the butter and, using your fingertips, rub it into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the buttermilk and, using a butter knife, mix to combine until a soft dough forms. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently bring it together with your hands.
- Roll out the dough to 2cm thick and, using a 5.5cm-round cutter, cut out 9 rounds, gently re-rolling the dough if necessary. Tightly arrange the scones on a lightly greased baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 20–22 minutes or until golden.
- Fill the scones with the jam and cream to serve. Makes 9.
There are no comments for this entry yet.