buttermilk fried chicken
and slaw sliders
- ½ cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 4 cups (360g) finely shredded white cabbage
- 2 green onions (scallions), shredded
- 1 x quantity buttermilk fried chicken (see link under method), sliced
- 16 small sesame brioche slider buns, tops sliced
- 2 long green chillies, shredded
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the mayonnaise, lime juice and lime rind in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the cabbage and onion and toss to combine.
- Divide the slaw and chicken between the buns, top with the chilli and serve with lime wedges. Makes 16
+ Golden and glossy on the outside with their fluffy, soft and slightly sweet centres, brioche buns can now be found at most supermarkets, bakeries and major greengrocers.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.