chocolate and oat s’mores
- 125g butter, softened
- 1¼ cups (220g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cups (30g) rolled oats
- 20 pieces of dark chocolate
- 20 marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat until well combined. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until just combined.
- Fold through the dark and milk chocolate chips and rolled oats. Roll tablespoons of the mixture and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving space between them to spread. Flatten slightly and bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays.
- To assemble, place the biscuits bottom-side up on a tray. Top half with a piece of chocolate and the other half with a marshmallow. Bake until the chocolate and marshmallows are starting to melt. Sandwich the halves together and serve, Makes 20.
+ S’mores are a traditional US campfire treat. You can melt the marshmallows on sticks and sandwich between ready-made biscuits with the chocolate. The heat from the marshmallows will melt the chocolate.
donna hay team
Hi Anna, these are best served straight away - the cookies can be baked ahead and stored in an airtight container for 2 days. The dh team
Hi DH team would these cookies be best served pretty much straight away or do they keep ok for a few days? Thanks