mini strawberry tarte tatins
- 30g butter
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 1 x 375g frozen puff pastry block, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the butter, sugar, water and vanilla in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 2–3 minutes, remove from the heat and discard the vanilla bean. Divide the strawberries between 4 x ¾ cup-capacity (180ml) lightly greased muffin tins and pour over the caramel.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm-thick. Cut 4 x 9cm rounds from the pastry and place on top of the strawberries. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Invert onto plates and serve with double cream, if desired. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.