rocket pasta with seared tuna
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 x 125g tuna steak
- olive oil, for brushing
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 50g finely shredded large rocket (arugula) leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the tuna with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side or until seared. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the extra olive oil, capers, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until the capers are crisp. Add the cooked pasta, rocket and lemon juice to the pan and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls, slice the tuna and place on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.