- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 500g salmon, skin off, cut into pieces
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1½ cups (300g) arborio rice
- ¼ cup (60ml) sherry vinegar
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 500g clams (vongole)
- 8 mussels, cleaned
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 200g store-bought roasted red peppers
- 10 threads saffron
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- To make the tomato sauce, place the garlic, onion, red peppers, saffron, thyme, sweet and smoked paprika, tomatoes, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 4 litre-capacity non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 3–4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute or until absorbed. Stir through the stock and tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Return the salmon to the pan, push the clams and mussels into the rice and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes without stirring. Increase heat to medium and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove paella from the heat, cover with aluminium foil and set aside to rest for 15–18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- To make the sherry vinaigrette, mix to combine the coriander, olive oil and vinegar and serve with the paella. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.