seared scallops and pear
with white balsamic dressing
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 scallops on the half shell, roe removed
- 1 nashi pear, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chervil leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the scallops for 30 seconds each side or until golden brown. Return to the shells.
- Top with the pear, chervil and salt. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with the lime wedges. Serves 4.
Wine note: the deliciously rich palette and sweet finish of this meal pairs perfectly with the Cloudy Bay Pelorus, NV.
There are no comments for this entry yet.