slow-braised green pork curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.2kg boneless pork neck, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought green curry paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved
- 6 thai lime leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 x 180g bunches broccolini, cooked
- steamed rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in a heavy-based ovenproof saucepan over high heat. Cook the pork, in batches, for 6–8 minutes or until well browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain any excess oil from the pan. Add the green curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the stock, coconut milk, lemongrass and thai lime leaves and bring to the boil. Return the pork to the pan, cover with a lid, place in the oven and cook for 1½ hours.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the pork is tender. Stir through the chopped coriander and serve with the broccolini, steamed rice and extra coriander. Serves 4.
cooking the curry in the oven really allows the curry flavour develop and go through the meat - delicious
Utterly delicious. A favourite amongst my family & friends.