cacao, banana and walnut
- 1½ cups (225g) raw cashews
- 1½ cups (120g) desiccated coconut
- 3 medium ripe bananas (300g), peeled and chopped
- 10 fresh dates (200g), pitted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a lightly greased 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the cashews, coconut, banana, dates, vanilla, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Add half the cacao nibs and pulse until combined. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with a palette knife. Gently press the walnut and remaining cacao nibs into the top. Cook for 25 minutes or until the top is dry and golden.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate until cold. Cut into 10 bars and serve. Makes 10
TIPS + TRICKS
+ You can store these bars in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.