crispy tofu salad
- 500g firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 400g broccolini (sprouted broccoli), blanched and sliced
- 150g snow peas (mange tout), blanched
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the miso dressing, place the miso, mirin, vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the tofu into thin sticks and pat dry on absorbent paper. Place the tofu on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, brush with the oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tofu is crisp and golden.
- Divide the broccolini, snow peas and cucumber between serving plates. Spoon the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with the black sesame seeds and top with the crispy tofu to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.