fast yoghurt cheese
with preserved lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves
- 1¾ cups (500g) plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- Place the oil, lemon rind, garlic, salt and thyme in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the garlic is soft and golden.
- Reserve and set aside half the mixture and place the remaining half in a bowl. Add the yoghurt and mix to combine. Transfer to a bowl lined with a double layer of muslin and gather up the edges to enclose. Suspend the yoghurt from a shelf in the refrigerator, placing a bowl underneath to collect any moisture, for 4 hours or until the mixture is firm.
- Unwrap the yoghurt cheese, place on a serving plate and top with the reserved preserved lemon mixture. Serve as a dip, spread or side to a salad or vegetables. serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.