parsnip, sweet potato and thyme yorkshire puddings
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- ½ cup (60g) shaved parsnip+
- 1 cup (120g) shaved sweet potato (kumara)+
- ⅓ cup (80g) ghee (clarified butter), melted
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the flour, eggs, salt, pepper, milk and thyme in a blender and blend until smooth. Allow to stand for 20 minutes. Place the parsnip and sweet potato in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the ghee between 12 x 1⁄2-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins. Heat in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until the ghee is just smoking. Remove from the oven and, working quickly, pour 1⁄4-cup (60ml) portions of the batter into each tin. Top with the shaved vegetables. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out to serve. Makes 12
+ You’ll need to buy 1 parsnip and 1 sweet potato for this recipe. Use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin to shave the required amount.
There are no comments for this entry yet.